Friday, August 05, 2011

2011? Really?

It's time to blow the dust off this blog! I'm going to commit to 2 blog reports per week.
One for my knitting and crafting, which I will post in a day or two.
The other weekly post (starting today) will be for the never-ending 'life style change' that goes hand in hand with being fat.

Yes, Fat. Not plus-size, not over-weight, not any of the other politically correct terms we hear now to describe someone of my size.... reality check.. I'm Fat. But that is NOT the end of the story. It's not the beginning either. I've been on this journey, or roller coaster ride, for most of my adult life. Sadly for the first several years I didn't realize that I was actually a healthy weight! Really, I'm 5'9" and used to think and feel fat when I weighed over 130lbs.!! I remember thinking I was going to die when I hit 160. What I wouldn't give to feel THAT fat again! My current weight is 250lbs. (Yes Oprah, it IS about the number when the number is that big!)

I cannot begin to count, or list all the diets I've been on. I've had several 'lifestyle changes'. I've eaten cabbage soup, grapefruit, protein shakes, Slim-fast, Atkins..Atkins does work if you follow it properly, trick is to stay away from the birthday cake and ice cream, heck they probably all work if you stay away from the ice cream! I even handed over my wallet to U-Weight Loss Centres, but I'm not saying anything more about them, they are bad for my blood pressure and sense of serenity... I'm currently a paid up member of Weight Watchers on-line, but can't remember my password, I own all the Biggest Loser Books (yes I joined there also, but cancelled my membership) I have bought and given away most published diet books. Currently own and recently purchased The Core Balance Plan, Dukan Diet and The Cleanse. I own several exercise DVD's, Wii-Fit, Treadmill, York Gym and AeroPilates (must admit I do like doing the pilates workout).

So that's a brief history of my journey. Sort of looks like my golf game, all over the course and if there's a water hole I'll be in it!.

So today is the first day of the next stage. I'm going to be taking everything I've learned from all the various sources and figure out what works for me. I'm going to commit to doing some sort of exercise every day and I'm going to journal what I eat, how I feel and what is going on emotionally. So that's today. I'll be back next Friday with a report on how Week One goes.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Bless your heart! I would like to offer all the moral support I can offer to you in your journey. I think you have hit upon the right solution... Move more eat less and do what works for you. Your words really resonate with me. I too wish I could be as skinny as I was when I first thought I was fat. I remember weighing 108 pounds at my 17 yr checkup and being told by my physician that because I am so tiny and fine boned that I was technically obese! Can I just say that was the worst possible thing to sayto a 17 yr old?
Fast forward lots of years and many pounds. I am also on a weight loss journey and I am doing it MY way!

Haze said...

Thank you for your comment Alice. I am shocked that a dr. would say that to a 17 year old!! How that must have negatively impacted you. I would have gone home directly to the chips and coke at that age! Good for you for starting the journey! I wish you success!

As you can see, my blog is aptly named. Procrastinate is my middle name! I do have an exciting update to post and I am in composing it now. Watch this space!