Saturday, January 07, 2006

January 7, 2005

Welcome to my new and 'hopefully' improved blog! I'll be working on this for the next few days, so stay tuned for updates on my stitching, knitting, reading, and thoughts in general.

We are in the midst of painting the living room, dining room, kitchen, front entrance and hallway. The dining room is done. DH is doing the kitchen right now. I've got the tape peeled off in the dining room and half the kitchen. Curtains are rehung in the DR also :)

I think picking colours for your home is one of the toughest home renovation decisions we make. The walls in all these rooms were a pale blue, with a deep turquoise green on the bottom half of the dining room/kitchen. I find blue to be so cold. Emotionally I mean. As much as I love my house, I've never felt that really heart warming "I'm Home" feeling since we moved. I think (and hope) that the new paint will cure that :) The bottom half of the dining room and kitchen are now a nice warm 'Oakwood Brown'. The top half, separated by a white chair rail, is 'French Castle'. The living room will have two walls in French Castle, and the long wall that divides the kitchen, dining room and extends into the front entrance will be 'Kangaroo Tan', which is the next shade up on the colour card from French Castle...so just a bit lighter. The entrance and hallways will all be Kangaroo Tan.

Looking at the posting screen on Blogger.... French Castle is very close to the 'frame' colour LOL!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Looks great Haze!!
Suz(inVA)