Friday, January 20, 2006

and I'm in the home stretch!!

I got the sleeves finished! They have a 'saddle' shoulder. I've never come across one of these before! When I laid the pieces all out to start fitting them together I realized that had a made a BIG booboo! I kept forgetting which size I was actually knitting and followed some instructions for the XL, some for XXL..... oops!

Turns out not to be too big a problem. I added a couple of inches to each side of the 'Saddle'. Got the sleeves sewn onto the back and the front shoulder seams now, and did up one sleeve seam.

Tonight I'll do the other sleeve seam and get the sleeves attached to the armholes and get the side seams sewn...... THEN it's the zippered collar! Another first for me. I've done lots of button plackets, but never a zipper :) Should be interesting!

1 comment:

Faith Ann said...

Can't wait to see a picture... your knitting is beautiful!