Monday, August 18, 2008

I've been tagged... quite some time ago, but just now found it :)

09 June 2008

I've been tagged...

... by Patti Blaine who is such a talented knitter that I am honored that she has looked at my blog.

Here are the rules of the game which are to be posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

10 Years ago? WOW! That was 1998. I was fairly new to cross stitching then and was on the hunt for OOP Teresa Wentzler designs. I had discovered E-bay and was avidly buying and selling...see the buying part comes first because I did more of that. I might even have been starting to plan my wedding...must have at least booked the venue.

10 years ago I still able to curl and was on 3 teams, 1 mixed team from work, 1 mixed team from the legion we belong to, and one ladies team, which was a bit more serious than the other two. I started curling fairly late in life, I was in my mid 20's before I did more than just bonspiel (another way of saying we partied more than we thru rocks). Sadly curling ended for me about 7 years ago when my knees go so bad I could no longer be guaranteed that I'd be able to get back up out of the hack without tears.

10 years ago I was still in the same job. 10 years ago we lived in a tiny little house that we were renovating.

What are the 5 things on my to do list for today (in no particular order)
1. Stitching on a UFO RR piece that was supposed to be in the mail on August 11th, but I asked for an extension.
2. Laundry
3. finish covering the garden in newspaper and black poly.
4. Excercise
5. make a to do list?

Snacks I enjoy
My latest snack passion is sliced apple with peanut butter spread on it. My guilty pleasure is Taco Chips.... and chocolate... but not at the same time... and I'm not fussy about what type of chocolate, whatever is available will do ;)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
I would buy land and build a waterfront home in Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba (cottage country). I'd build "Safe Haven" for street kids/runaways in Winnipeg. This has been something I've been thinking about for years. To have the funds to just dive in and do it my way would be fabulous.
Leaving enough in an endowment fund so that Safe Haven would always have it's financial needs met would take a good chunk of money. I'd also set up endowment funds for scholarships for kids that live at Safe Haven.

Places I’ve lived
I was born in Ayr, Scotland. Lived in Ayr, Troon, Kilmarnock and Cumnock and London, England in the first 4 years of my life. Moved to Winnipeg when I was 4. Lived in Stonewall Manitoba for a year. I spent 15 years in Gillam, Manitoba from age 18 to 33, then back to Winnipeg.

People I want to know more about

I'm not going to tag anyone else right now because I'm not sure who all has been tagged already.

No comments: