Friday, January 18, 2008

What to do with this yarn?

Rhetorical question, I don't really want someone to answer...

I bought 15 skeins of Caron Simply Soft Shadows to knit myself a sweater to leave in the office for those days they have the AC cranked when it's -40c outside. I opted for acrylic because it will take the abuse of being rolled over by the office chair, and should it grow legs and move out of my office, I won't cry over the cost....and quite simply, Simply Soft is soft and comfy.

After much research (you know, googling free patterns, getting sidetracked and reading blogs and bbs, shopping online etc.) I decided on Berroco's Pamela. It looks cosy, it's got big cables, which are a weakness to me, and it doesn't look like it needs buttons.

So I started knitting, and I was almost finished the back when it dawned on me that I didn't do my usual 'lengthen the darn thing because I'm 5'9" and don't like short sweaters' thing. I did what every good knitter does at this point, and tossed it into a drawer to be ripped back at a later date.

More later.....

No comments: